Users can be granted the permission to view, update, add, delete, and export data within one or more modules. Users sorted into different levels of access can be given different types of permissions. Note that users cannot be directly given permission, the users are included in one or more Roles, and it is the Roles that are then granted permissions. Roles are changed within the User edit dialog.
Here are the permissions a Role can be granted:
- Permission To View will allow someone to see a module.
- Permission To Update allows someone to make changes to a form after it is submitted.
- Permission To Add allows someone to add a new form.
- Permission To Delete gives permission to delete entries from the grid.
- Permission To Export allows users to download data from the grid onto their hard drives.
- Go to the Modules tab and click on the one you want to change permissions for.
- Click on the Permissions tab within this module.
- Decide which type of permission you want to grant based on the explanations of each category shown above.
- Click on the Pencil icon to the right of the permission you want to grant.
- Check the boxes next to all the Roles you want to give this permission to in the dialog box that appears and select Ok.
- Refresh the page to ensure changes have been made.